Soon we’ll be hosting you in Litchfield Hills for a forest memorial. Below we’ve included all of the necessary information for you to prepare for the event.
Arrival at the forest
300 Music Mountain Rd, Falls Village, CT 06031
Most people use Google Maps to get to the forest. Below is the link to the exact forest location.
Better Place Forests Litchfield Hills
For more information about how to get to the forest, and places to stay and eat in the area, read our full directions.
We know you may be traveling from a distance and that it can be difficult to estimate your arrival time. Please let us know if you have any questions about timing.
Important things to know
- The entire forest is a non-smoking property for health and safety reasons.
- Weather can change suddenly in the forest — we recommend layering with a warm jacket and long pants.
- Wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes as the forest trails can be wet and steep in some places.
- Generally, the walk to the tree is 5-15 minutes. There is a mobility quad available if you need assistance getting to the tree.
- The memorial generally lasts 30-60 minutes; chairs/benches will be placed at the tree for those who wish to sit down at any point.
What to expect
After your group has gathered we will begin by combining your loved one’s ashes with native soil from the forest. You are welcome to observe and participate in this process as much or as little as you would like.
We will then proceed to the tree together. Walking sticks and a mobility quad are available to make this experience comfortable for you and your family. If you would prefer a ride to the tree we’d be happy to accommodate, just let us know in advance.
At the tree, we will stand as a group for 30-60 minutes. During the forest memorial, guests will have the opportunity to participate in the spreading of ashes beneath the tree. You will be offered to sow native wildflower seeds and have private time at the tree without our team at the conclusion of the memorial.
Afterward, you are welcome to explore the forest.
In order to make your visit as comfortable as possible, please let us know ahead of time if you need the mobility quad to get to the tree or additional seating for the visit.
If you have any questions or requests please call our Customer Care team at 415-851-7138.
We look forward to seeing you in the forest!