It’s important that we take the necessary steps to ensure the health and safety of our staff and guests during the COVID-19 pandemic. With everyone’s health in mind, we’ve created guidelines to proceed with forest tours and visits. These guidelines are subject to change, in accordance with CDC, state, and local guidance. Additional requirements may be included for compliance with specific state and local jurisdictions.
Requirements for All Guests
Better Place Forests request that guests visiting the forest self-screen for symptoms of COVID-19, including a fever. If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please do not travel to the forest and consider seeking the advice of a health professional.
- We ask all guests to maintain six feet of distance from Better Place Forests staff, per social distance guidelines. While we appreciate the importance of physical contact and comfort, we ask that staff and guests avoid physical contact, such as hugging or shaking hands.
- Better Place Forests will comply with CDC, state, and local face-covering requirements. In all forests, for guests who wish to wear a face-covering but may not have one, we will have face coverings available onsite. In addition, if a Better Place Forests staff member is not wearing a face covering, guests may request that Better Place Forests staff wear one when meeting with them, and Better Place Forests staff will gladly agree.
- Bathrooms will be available to guests. We will provide cleaning supplies and hand sanitation.
- Guests are asked to sneeze / cough into a tissue or sleeve.
Your safety is top of mind when you come to the forest. We've outlined the steps we take to keep our staff and guests safe in the forests below:
- We request that guests arrive no more than 15 minutes before their scheduled appointment
- A table will be set up where forest stewards will have:
- Hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, and additional face coverings
- One iPad dedicated for guest use to sign the site liability waiver
- The iPad must be sanitized between customer groups and between usage amongst different households
- Walking sticks will be available and sanitized before and after each use
During the Visit
- The forest steward will guide you and your guests through the forest while maintaining a minimum of six feet at all times
- If you are revisiting, your forest steward will gladly show you where your tree is
Contract Signing (if applicable)
Forest stewards will sanitize iPads available for contract review, and we ask forest stewards and guests to maintain social distance throughout our engagement, including contract discussions. If guests prefer, staff can discuss contracts with guests when guests are in the comfort of their own home, or if they requested a 48-hour hold on the tree before committing to the purchase.
Better Place Forests employees will follow any additional applicable state and local requirements regarding the operation of our business.
If you have any questions about our COVID-19 guidelines, please reach out to [email protected].